Arkansas Water Resources and Watersheds Conference
The Arkansas Water Resource Center (AWRC), Arkansas Forests and Drinking Water Collaborative (AFDWC), the Arkansas Department of Agriculture – Forest Division, and the Beaver Watershed Alliance (BWA), are collaborating on a watershed resource conference to be held July 13-14, 2022. The conference will be held in Fayetteville, Arkansas at the Waldrip Hall in the state-of-the-art Don Tyson Center for Agricultural Sciences, an iconic research and education facility. This collaborative effort is bringing top-notch speakers and presentations on HABs, Recreation, Source Water Protection, and Landowner Engagement including:
- Presentations on Latest Funded Research Projects: Harmful Algal Blooms
- Discussion Panel with Water Utilities: Monitoring and Managing for Source Water Protection in Arkansas
- Conservation that Pays: Incentivized Conservation
- Source Water Protection Projects in Arkansas: Arkansas CommuniTree Project & Greers Ferry Lake
- Beaver Lake Watershed – Source Water Protection and Developing Watershed Metrics
- Prescribed Fire and Water Quality
- Low Impact Development
- Agricultural Initiatives
- Small-scale and Large-scale Stream Restoration /Low Water Crossings/Dam Removals
- On-site Tours of Local Conservation Projects
We are accepting poster presentations, especially from undergraduate and graduate students who want to compete in the student research poster competition! Please email your title to Dr. Brian Haggard, firstname.lastname@example.org, and if a student please include your mentor contact information. Limited space is available, and the deadline is June 17th.
Network and engage with water resource professionals on how to sustain, improve, and protect our state’s most precious resources – forests and water.
Registration for this conference is available for both in-person or virtual. Vendor booths are available. Registration for in-person includes conference sessions, lunch, snacks, and a bus tour of local conservation projects on July 14th afternoon.
Add to Your Calendar
Click the link below to visit our calendar of events to add to your own calendar.