- This event has passed.
Arkansas Water Resources & Watersheds Conference
July 13, 2022 - July 14, 2022
The Arkansas Water Resource Center (AWRC), Arkansas Forests and Drinking Water Collaborative (AFDWC), the Arkansas Department of Agriculture – Forest Division, and the Beaver Watershed Alliance (BWA), are collaborating on a watershed resource conference to be held July 13-14, 2022.The conference will be held in Fayetteville, Arkansas at the Waldrip Hall in the state-of-the-art Don Tyson Center for Agricultural Sciences, an iconic research and education facility. This collaborative effort is bringing top-notch speakers and presentations on HABs, Recreation, Source Water Protection, and Landowner Engagement including:
- – Presentations on Latest Funded Research Projects: Harmful Algal Blooms
- – Discussion Panel with Water Utilities: Monitoring and Managing for Source Water Protection in Arkansas
- – Conservation that Pays: Incentivized Conservation
- – Source Water Protection Projects in Arkansas: Arkansas CommuniTree Project & Greers Ferry Lake
- – Beaver Lake Watershed – Source Water Protection and Developing Watershed Metrics
- – Prescribed Fire and Water Quality
- – Low Impact Development
- – Agricultural Initiatives
- – Small-scale and Large-scale Stream Restoration /Low Water Crossings/Dam Removals
- – On-site Tours of Local Conservation Projects
Network and engage with water resource professionals on how to sustain, improve, and protect our state’s most precious resources – forests and water.
Online registration is closed. Please plan to register in person the morning of the conference at the Don Tyson Center for Agricultural Sciences with check.